Britain's Prince Harry will lose all royal titles and honors, Buckingham Palace announced on Friday.
The announcement said that Queen Elizabeth II has determined that the life chosen by the prince and his wife does not allow them to fulfill the public service responsibilities and duties of the royal family. Therefore, this decision has been made on behalf of the royal family. NDTV reported.
Prince Harry and his wife Meghan, officially known as the Duke and Duchess of Sussex, caused a major shock to the British monarchy last year when they decided to step back from their royal duties and live a more private life. Since announcing their decision to step down, they have been living in California, USA, where they have also started various businesses.
The announcement of the separation had been made earlier. They met with the Queen in early 2020. The Queen gave them a year to review their decision. But after a year, when the couple decided to stick to their decision, the Queen gave her instructions in this letter.
Buckingham Palace said in a statement that the Duke and Duchess of Sussex have confirmed to the Queen that they will no longer be working members of the Royal Family. The Queen confirmed this in a letter, saying that when they are no longer able to carry out their responsibilities, their titles and honours will be withdrawn.
Prince Harry holds several honorary military titles. He also serves as a Commonwealth Recruiting Officer. He also patronizes several organizations on behalf of the royal family. His wife Meghan also received some honorary duties and titles after becoming the wife of the prince.